About Me

My photo
Liwa/AbuDhabi, Middle East, United Arab Emirates
My name is Rayan, I feel ok, and i'm in love with you =D

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Ramadhan's Journal#14: To The Finish Line In One Breath

-->


During Fasting:    Body Pump Session + RPM Session back to back

After Iftar:      None



Intensity will bring the best of results, it is how to engage all the muscles together as quick and hard as possible is in a very short time interval with the purpose of only pushing the limit, or in other words, running out of breath. If done properly, you would end up with a shaky vision, heart beats echoing the ears, and difficulties to recollect your energy for another go, and a body hungry for a recovery.

I tried this the other day in my 8 Km run, I used to do it on a continuous 9 Km/hour speed with one recovery after 4 Km. By breaking it down to 500m high speed sprint then 200m recovery, till I reach the 8 Km mark and the result is quite different.

The machine would give you the same results because its a fixed amount of calories per distance. However, there I could feel a heavy impact on my chest, calf, and quad muscles because of the sprint intervals. My only sin is that I forget stretching those muscles, which makes me end up limping for a few days because some muscles are more stretched than the others.

On my next attempts I will work into engaging as much muscles as possible within a longer time frame, and synchronize them properly so I can get a proper professional movement. It takes a lot of air to breath though, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment