About Me

My photo
Liwa/AbuDhabi, Middle East, United Arab Emirates
My name is Rayan, I feel ok, and i'm in love with you =D

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ramadhan's Journal#3: A Morning Struggle




During Fasting: Early morning 90 min Aikido class.

After Iftar: Outdoor 8 Km run.

Members of the club have decided to change ramadhan timings for Aikido classes to early morning. The change was perfect for the majority of non-muslims in the club, and since that's the only class I can attend in the weekends, it wasn't an excuse for me not to show up.

There I was sitting at the far right edge of the line, waiting for the class to start. I wasn't ready at all, distracted by the clock on the wall right ahead of me, greatly disappointed by how far my breakfast is going to be after the class is over, and how heavy the risk i'm taking by being here!!

Where is that exciting energy I used to have whenever I attend an Aikido class? I' dont know! Its gone! Finito!  My brain had only one cell of thought, and it was managing and maintaining my energy through the class as barely minimum fearing that I wouldn't over sweat....even though the class was full of beginners, my basic movements were squared not smooth, my synchronization with my partners was terribly terrible, as if it was spiritless, not energetic......dead...

I've wasted all the time in class thinking about fasting.... maybe I should seperate that thought temporarily and forget that its Ramadhan, maybe then I'd be able to give it all....


No comments:

Post a Comment