About Me

My photo
Liwa/AbuDhabi, Middle East, United Arab Emirates
My name is Rayan, I feel ok, and i'm in love with you =D

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Ramadhan's Journal#1 : The bold four-years-old




Ramadhan Day 1:


During fasting:

4x (2 Km run, 20 push ups, 2 min plank) with one minute recovery after each set.

Total: 8 Km run, 80 push ups, 8 min plank, and topped it with 20 burpees.

After Iftar: None
 
 
It has been four years since I stepped off the lazy couch, and bit by bit with no drug use or consultation, I have achieved a fat loss from 115 Kg all the way to 75 Kg, I was very much concerned of my calorie consumption, no-dinner nights, and halving my portions. It was a daily struggle, but it paid off in the end.
Now I enjoy doing sports more than anything I would ever imagine doing! My happiness is in the coolness of a chilly water sip after a worthy workout or in a stretch on my sore muscles every morning. I get that great feeling of achievement!

However, my interests have shifted for some reason. I began not paying attention to my weight or my daily calorie intake anymore. Now I am eating whatever I want, whenever I want, wherever I want, assuming “well it’s going to get burned anyways”. Somehow I started thinking in a different aspect, I just hate getting tired and sweaty, I want to always have the energy to exercise no matter what. I want to build that stamina and endurance to always be capable of doing an extra rep or mile. There must be a way you know….an access to a pool of energy which is not measured by body age…..size…..or shape…

Reality is, everything gets weaker eventually, especially us humans, but there is one thing that still develops with age….could be The Mentality? Yes! I currently believe that whatever we consume during a workout is pure physical energy. However, as soon as physical energy gets depleted…the mind start playing games…. Call me crazy but at least that’s what I experience…I feel like I can do one more push up, but I’m afraid of doing it, I feel like there is still energy somewhere, but its blocked for a reason……I’ll keep studying till I find out…

No comments:

Post a Comment