About Me

My photo
Liwa/AbuDhabi, Middle East, United Arab Emirates
My name is Rayan, I feel ok, and i'm in love with you =D

Monday, July 29, 2013

Ramadhan's Journal#19: Zero, When Low Is Not Enough

Day#19:
 
Exercises during Fasting:
None 

Exercises after Iftar:
400 Pushups in 20 min. (20 pushups per minute, remaining of the minute is a recovery.
5 Min straight Plank (30 sec recovery after each minute)
6 Min side Plank total on both sides (30 sec recovery after each minute) 






Low fat….Zero Sugar….Zero Calorie…I ask myself sometimes...Do I really need that?! For me all of those healthcare products aren’t my favorite picks, they all seem to have the very same sticky weird after-taste when consumed. Compared to the original, it is either too sweet, or too bitter…However, this medicine-like taste still leaves behind a bad experience. 


Wording could be tricky on those products…There are franchises that carefully choose the words which may sound healthy but it might be either of two things: 

1- Not really healthy, but they’ll show you the illusion that it is.

2- The unhealthy part is hidden, and the healthy part is shown.

Subway franchise for example has a popular slogan saying “Eat Fresh”, with an all-over green font en-forcing the idea of being a healthy product. In fact, “Fresh” and“Healthy” have two different meanings. You’ll understand when you order cookies for deserts; you’ll make up your mind!

Several other alternative products are labeled with other catchy wordings such as “Low fat”, Again, it doesn’t mean that it is low in calories, sugar, or even sodium.

The best advice I could give to myself and others is to eat enough and know when to stop eating. Calculating calories throughout the day is mind stressing and of no use if the quantities taken are not controlled. In other words, train hard and eat smart.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Whenever it is low on fat it is then high on sugar and other harmful ingredients. There a billions of recipes online for rich and healthy food and you can always pick and choose from whichever suits you best.

    You said it: "train hard and eat smart." *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete