About Me

My photo
Liwa/AbuDhabi, Middle East, United Arab Emirates
My name is Rayan, I feel ok, and i'm in love with you =D

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Ramadhan's Journal#22: Fat, yet Fit


Day#21
During Fasting:
Recovery Day

After Fasting:
Recovery Day






 

On some occasions, I feel confused with people who relate an appealing body shapes with fitness. It could be the mainstream media which painted that pictured in our mind, I mean shirtless men with veined biceps, trimmed abdominals, and the famous six packs…Everyone is thirsty for the last one of course! The trait of a model, it’s like no more shirts after the day you get em!

Challenging question for me would be, could a fat individual exercise longer and tougher than the well-shaped individual?, I can roughly take my imagination to that scene where the fat buddy wins over. First, I wanted to check the dictionary definition of fitness, a good point to start from.

Fitness: capability of the body in ditributing inhaled oxygen to muscle tissue during increased physical effort. 

Oxygen?!...are we speaking lungs here? Maybe the one who has the capability to suck in more air is considered fit? If we assume fat people have accumulated fat over their chests, then the answer would be obviously clear because they can’t have a higher air flow than a regular individual. However, if they burn chest fat, I imagine they would have develop higher airflow for a better supply to blood and muscles. Heads up for the fat ones! Chances of becoming fitter than the regular person is quite high! I used to be one of those, and I’m slowly reaping the rewards of it now…

One thing came to my mind is to never underestimate fat people, and to those who were born with a model body, they certainly cannot visualize the challenges the fat ones are facing. I’ve been there, and it was a wonderful journey…

Nothing impresses me more than a fat person looking to challenge others for fitness, it takes a lot of courage to step up and compete, and such attitude boosts my motivation because right there stands a hero in heart, not in looks.

 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment