About Me

My photo
Liwa/AbuDhabi, Middle East, United Arab Emirates
My name is Rayan, I feel ok, and i'm in love with you =D

Friday, August 2, 2013

Ramadhan's Journal#23: Why We "Gym"in'?!

-->
 Day#23:
 
-->
During Fasting:

30/30 RPM/BP (600+ Calories) + TRX (500+ Calories) back to back.

After Iftar: 

None




2 years ago, a question was shot across the desks of a women studies class, it was the proffessor's eyes peeking over the spectacles's frame, carefully looking for a fool to answer.

"Why do men do body building, and how would they serve the planet by doing that?!"

She was trying to dis-approve a belief that it is men's role of authority over women is reasoned by strength.

A silent cloud came across the room, and thinking as a man....She is right to an extent, but hey people! Why you Gymmin?! What kind of a tool are we presenting to humanity by having larger muscles and trimmed abs?! To be honest, I never desired body building, but the simple fact people are going for monsterous looks made me rethink why we need body building as a profession?

Many do it for the looks of course, others for the ladies, and with no doubt there would be approval junkies who would see it as a way to fit into society. However, there are people who took a different approach, A way of life....

I can't call myself a religious individual, but I'm certain to be leaning towards spirituality..and linking between all the experiences I had in the past, especially with the Japanese culture, I could find that self-discipline is one motivator to follow a path which others may think as meaningless, but it is much related to what makes us human...Being human would be the best gift for the planet....At least...

2 comments:

  1. I think bodybuilding starts as a desire to look better and feel healthy maybe but it develops to an addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not necessarily a fan of body building either but I respect people who are committed to it. I believe it's a healthy "addiction" at least.

    ReplyDelete