About Me

My photo
Liwa/AbuDhabi, Middle East, United Arab Emirates
My name is Rayan, I feel ok, and i'm in love with you =D

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ramadhan's Journal#24: Fighting Distractions

Day#24

During Fasting: None

After Fasting : Body Pump






I've failed to come to an answer for the question I had in my early entries...My mental energy always seems to be distracted, "How much time left for the next plank", "What am I having for dinner tonight", "I should have added more reps to that set", "When is my next job promotion!?"...My brain gets pregnant with all those thoughts, wasting all that energy straight to the bin...

Something had to be done to get rid of those questions, to mute that voice...I've added more weight to every track in this Body Pump session, I marked one spot at the ceiling to stare at with a straight serious face...Not too focused on that spot, but aware of the surroundings, I can feel the people around me, but not necessarily looking at them...Never close my eyes from that spot, till I was done with the sets.

I've lost my smiles, my motivating voice, but I was able to complete tracks with much added weight with less pressure on my muscles. Just staring on that spot in the empty air, I was more balanced, with a controlled movement...I wasn't counting down to the set to finish, or waiting for the track to be done...I was focused to only one thing, to do the job correctly...and it was done.

Sometimes I'm not able to hold that stare for long, its too quiet in there to make me miss those voices again...




No comments:

Post a Comment